Saturday, April 19, 2008

What the......

Okay, so in Indiana, an earthquake is not common, not normal, not expected...but that's exactly what woke me up on Friday morning! I didn't know that's what it was, I thought it was some really loud thunder. My alarm went off and I had hit the snooze and was just laying there kind thinking about going back to sleep until the alarm went off again and there it was. It didn't really feel like much, but I think I was kinda half asleep. It was around 5:30 in the morning.

I guess there was an aftershock a little later that several people at work felt, but I didn't feel it. Kinda crazy. I have heard and read several times that we have a major fault line that goes right through here, but I never really thought much of it.

There are a couple of quarries that aren't far from here, and sometimes during the day I have felt the whole house shake when they are blasting. I didn't think this earthquake felt any different than that, really.

So, that was the excitement around here on Friday! I tried to post this from my iPhone last night, but it didn't go through for some reason.

Hugs&Smiles!
Kim

No comments: