Thursday, June 26, 2008
1) I remember dancing with my Dad on my wedding day. Mom was not happy with him because he wouldn't take off his "Irish" baseball cap and sunglasses. I thought they looked nice with his tux and was so pleased that he chose to wait to put them on at the reception, rather than at the wedding ceremony. As we finished dancing and he was walking away I saw him take off his glasses and wipe away tears...he really was a softie!
2) I remember how much my Dad loved being outdoors. He loved to ginseng hunt (and usually paid for Christmas that way!), he loved to hunt deer, rabbits, squirrels and the occasional turtle (and fed us that way!), he loved to cut down the biggest tree he could find at the bottom of the steepest hill he could find (and let me carry it up the hill so Lance and Chris could split it! LOL), he loved to do just about anything outside.
3) I remember him being silly. Most of the time he was a very serious and stern person, but he did like to cut up once in a while! He had funny songs he would sing in the car (George Jones and Roger Miller songs, especially), he liked to play practical jokes, he loved to do anything to make little kids laugh! He enjoyed torturing us by owning ugly cars and trucks!!!!!!!
4) I remember him always doing the best he could! We didn't always agree with everything he said or did, but we ALWAYS respected him (even if it sometimes took a few years! LOL). He was always willing to offer his advice or opinion, whether you wanted it or not! He taught us to work hard, play hard, and always do our best. He taught us about respect, faith, honesty and love.
I can't believe he's already been gone 16 years. It really doesn't seem possible. I still miss him every day and wish I could just talk to him.
Great Aunt Kim
Monday, June 16, 2008
I love this picture that Syd took of Sammie running from 3rd base to home...both feet are off the ground! And if I had zoomed in better on this photo, you could see that her tongue is sticking out!!! She is all about running as fast as she can!
This is her batting. She got an awesome hit at this game. Probably her best ever! It went in the air to the outfield and it was from a pitch, not off the tee! She DOES NOT like to hit off the tee..she says that is for "babies"! LOL
And, finally, a picture of her in the field! Sometimes she was a bit of a "ball hog", but I was just proud that she was always watching the ball and not playing in the dirt like some of the other kids!!!
I'm glad she had fun playing and I'm glad the tee ball season is over! I think she had a good time playing and she's looking forward to being on a "coach pitch" team next year where they actually keep score!
Thanks to all my friends and family who ordered magazines from Sydney's school fund raiser way back early in the school year. She and another girl in her class sold 15 each which was what they needed to sell to go to lunch in a Hummasine! They had fun. They got picked up at school, then went to McDonald's for lunch and then down to the lake for some photos! This is Syd and one of her good friends, Harli!
Saturday, June 14, 2008
What was I doing 10 years ago?
Hmmm, let me think...that was a long time ago. Syd was 3, Roger and I had been married for about 10 years, I had just turned 30. I don't remember. Wish I had a blog back then so I could go back and see what was going on in my life!
Five snacks I enjoy in a perfect, non weight-gaining world:
1. Dove Chocolate or Hershey's Bliss
2. Tortilla chips and that white cheese sauce from Mexican restaurants
3. Anything that is really cheesy
5. Margaritas! :)
Five snacks I enjoy in the real world:
1. Zesta Wheat Crackers
2. Baked tortilla chips and salsa
3. WW string cheese
4. fresh fruit - grapes, bananas, strawberries, pineapple
Things I would do if I were a billionaire:
1. Build an awesome gym in Cloverdale...with inexpensive rates
2. Give lots of $$ to my family and Roger's family
3. Build an awesome daycare in Cloverdale with inexpensive rates
4. Finally take a trip to Jamaica...and many other dream places!
Five jobs that I have had:
1. Administrative Assistant (back when it was called a Secretary!)
2. Nurse's Aide in a nursing home
3. Gas station attendant
4. Event Planner
Five of my habits:
1. Procrastination...more a way of life than a habit! :o)
2. My 44 oz. Diet Coke from Casey's
3. Talking on my cell phone
4. Speedway gas station...seriously, I go there TOO MUCH!
5. Making messes!
Five places I have lived:
1. Indianapolis, Indiana
2. Reelsville, Indiana
3. Cloverdale, Indiana
4. That's all....
Five people we should all get to know better: (A nice way of saying TAG!)
KatieJ, Jeanne, Jodie, Pam/LubeQueen, Scooper
Here are some recent layouts I've done from pictures of our Disney vacation from Spring Break in March. I have corrected the spelling of "Villains" on that layout, I was just too lazy to take a new picture! Some of the pictures are kinda crappy, but you get the general idea. And, it's just nice to actually be taking time to scrapbook lately!
Sunday, June 8, 2008
This weeks 4 things are.....
4 THINGS I SHOULD HAVE ALREADY POSTED ON MY BLOG BUT HAVEN'T...
This is just like a little "heads up" of what's coming your way this week on my very exciting blog!
1) Tee Ball pictures. Miss Sammie is quite the tee ball player. She's love it and she's pretty good! LOL
2) Syd's ride in a Hummasine (hummer limosuine) - a prize from a fund raiser at school.
3) Sammie's kindergarten graduation - cute stuff
4) I've been scrapping so be on the lookout for a slideshow of my recent layouts!
That's it for now! But I *promise* to get at least these 4 things posted this week....with pictures (wink, wink Jodie!).
Wednesday, June 4, 2008
Sammie is a nut...I never know what I will find on a memory card, and today was no exception. It was rainy and icky yesterday so the girls were stuck inside all day and, apparently, Sammie decided to entertain herself (and Syd and Holly!) by making a video! It's 3 minutes of your life that you'll never get back, but I bet you'll laugh at least a little. She's just a dork!
Tuesday, June 3, 2008