Thursday, May 15, 2008

Will this week ever end???

Wow, has it ever been CRAZY! It's only Thursday which means I've still got another day to deal with. UGH! And a busy weekend to follow it, but that's okay because at least it's not work, right?

Track is over for Sydney this year. She had a really great season. The county meet was on Monday night and she got 3rd in the 1600 (mile). Her time was 6:23, which is her fastest ever! (First place was 6:17.) She wasn't really happy with third place, but I think she was okay with it when she realized what her time was! Our team actually took 1st, 2nd and 3rd, so that is just awesome. Her time in the 800 (1/2 mile) was down a little from the last meet so she didn't like that! We are so proud of her. And...her team was undefeated for the year AND won the County title! That rocks! That's 3 years in a row they've won County!

Sammie is LOVING tee ball! I've got some pictures to share in another post...maybe tomorrow! She has had 2 games so far and is doing very well. Still a little afraid of the ball, but she hits well and throws well so that's a start! She's supposed to have a game tonight, but I think it might get rained out. She will be so sad!

Speaking of rain, and just weather in general....what the heck is going on?????? It's May now...I wore a turtleneck to work yesterday and a sweater today. It's only supposed to be 62 degrees today with rain. I'm tired of rain. My yard is like a great big sponge. At this rate, we aren't going to be able to mow the grass until July. I need summertime weather. Lots of sunshine and temps in the 80's, please!

And, while I'm talking about things I don't like...these gas prices are RIDICULOUS! Hello, $3.95 for a gallon of gas? I just can't believe my eyes. I did hear on the radio today that some stations will be $4.19 next weekend for the race/ Memorial Day. Isn't that price gouging? (I'm sure I butchered the spelling there!), but seriously...isn't it??

Well, time to get back to work. I'll post some pictures later today. I've got some fun stuff to share!

Hugs&Smiles!
Kim

1 comment:

Katie said...

yay for syd and sammie and boo on gas prices.