Thursday, May 8, 2008

Today's the day!!!

The BIG 4-0!!! Am I supposed to feel different? 'Cause I sure don't! A little tired today...a little stressed, but that's all job related so that has nothing to do with my age. I really hoped it wouldn't rain on my birthday, but, oh well....rain's not so bad, I suppose!

Got a pretty card from Sammie this morning, an e-card from a work friend, an e-mail from my brother, Lance and a special post on KatieJ's blog just for me! Those all sure made me smile! I think I'm gonna have to run out and buy a birthday cake, though, cause I have to have cake on my birthday. Maybe I'll go get cupcakes, instead! I know a great bakery where I can get them!

I did call my Mom last night to ask her what she remembered about the day I was born! She's a little forgetful, but she said she remembered being up walking the floor most of the night and Dad told her it wasn't time that she needed to go to bed! LOL I can so hear that conversation! She said she remembers polishing the older kids shoes...WTH? And she's pretty sure I was born during the day, but couldn't remember exactly what time! Then she reminded me that she had given me my birth certificate and that I should go get it and see what time it was. Yeah, right...like I know where that thing is! LOL We'll just go with "daytime" and be happy about it! :o) I sent Mom flowers to work today, so hopefully that will bring a big smile to her face. She's not been feeling too good lately.

We're supposed to go to Sydney's county track meet tonight, but I have a feeling it may be cancelled. That was be a bummer...I've been looking forward to it! Guess I'll have to see what happens with all this rain before they make a decision.

I hope you all have a wonderful day. I know that I certainly plan to!

Hugs&Smiles!
Kim

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope you have a wonderful day!

Marilyn
>^..^<

dona said...

Have a Happy Day! :)

Karen C said...

Happy Happy Birthday!!!! (yeah, and go with that thought that the fatigue is work-related. That'll work for a good year or two... until you realize NOT!!!).

Jodie said...

Kim, happy birthday! I'm a little late, but I still wish you all the best!!