Monday, May 5, 2008

Sydney ROCKS!!!!!!

Okay, so the day didn't start out so well. I was the nice Mom who told Syd I would take her to school so she'd have 10 more minutes to get ready. She was happy to hear that. Sammie still jumped on the bus because she was ready on time and she has a crush on Chuck who rides her bus! (he's an 8th grader!) LOL

Anywayyyyyy...I pull up to school to drop her off and lean over to give her a kiss goodbye just like ever other day and...well, she puts her hand up and says "Ummm...thanks but no thanks." I was in total shock, but I think she could see that I was also hurt. She jumped out of the car and said "But I love you, Mom." I couldn't utter a word, I was still in shock!

So, off I go to work. Going through my busy day, just minding my own business, and I get a text message about 1pm from Sydney... it says "Sry bout this mornin! ILY!" It made me smile. And she better never put her hand up to me again or I'll have to take her phone away so she can't send me anymore text apologies!!!

Okay...now to the part where she ROCKS! She had her last regular-season track meet tonight. Today at school they had the last part of their Presidential Fitness Test and it was the running part. The 13 year old girls had to run a mile in 8:15. Syd was 2nd in her class (a boy finished before her) with a time of 6:39, which was really great for her! I talked to her on the way to her meet and she said she hoped she would still have a good time in the 1600 (mile) at the meet. Well...she did! She got 2nd place with a time of 6:27.5!!!! Don't know for sure, but I bet that is her best time ever in that event! Then, she was so pumped up about her time she asked the coach if she could run in the 800 (half-mile) and she let her and she got 4th place (2nd for our team) with a time of 2:55.5!!! Another great time for her! She was very proud of herself and we were so proud of her, too! Her friend, Cheryl, ran the 1600 for the first time in a meet, and she did really well, too! I'm not completely sure what her time was, but she did great!

That's it for tonight! Tomorrow is Sammie's first tee ball game. Should be a fun night! At least I hope it is!

Thanks to my friend Dawn H. for the funny birthday card I got in the mail today! Made me LOL, for sure! Just you wait, missy, your turn is coming!!

Hugs&Smiles!
Kim

4 comments:

Katie said...

oh my doesn't she know it's okay to love some Kim Shrum!

Jodie said...

Your girls are so sweet. I often wonder what it would be like to have more estrogen in the house.
(from a mother of 3 boys)

Dawn said...

Don't ya hate when they get too "grown up" to kiss Mom in public anymore?

And I'm scared! You have almost 3 weeks to plot revenge for that card...

Laura said...

Just wanted to say hey! Our blogs are so similar. Mines just filled with more old lady type stuff. We also have the same attitude about the age just bieng a #!Ill be 50 this year but Im not freaking out about it! Ill have to tell yuo the story about when Amanda broke my heart...in public!!