Thursday, May 15, 2008

Little birdie......


So, I have this wreath on my front door. It has great sentimental value to me. It was sent to me when my Dad passed away (in 1992) by a very special friend. When Christmas was over this year, I took down my Christmas wreath and hung this one on my front door in place of it. Roger told me when I did it that it wasn't a good idea. It had always hung in the house before. Well, on Monday night when I got home, Roger told me that he was sitting on the couch and heard something that he had also heard a couple days before. He was pretty sure what it was, but kinda let it go. Then when he got home from Syd's track meet and started to walk in the door, he saw it! A little birdie had made her home on my wreath! How dare her LOL

It was quite a well put-together nest, too! Packed with lots of mud and stuff. I had to take the wreath down and clean the door real good, cause she had dripped mud everywhere. Now I just don't know what to do with it so it's still sitting on my porch rail. I really hate to pitch the wreath because it's so special to me, but I also know how nasty birds are. Who knows what I'll do. I do feel bad, though, for moving her home after she put so much work into it, but the last thing I need is for a bird to fly in my house when I open the door...that would NOT be good!



4 comments:

Katie said...

oh poor little birdie

Jodie said...

Go hang it out on the barn or near a tree and hope some other bird can use it instead of throwing it away.

Anonymous said...

My sister has a nest in the wreath on her door. They don't use the front door much so she just leaves it up until they hatch and fly away!

Marilyn
>^..^<

Pam said...

Sorry Kim, hopefully you can find a nice place to hang it to remember it and maybe let it be a house to more and more birds!