Monday, May 21, 2007

Running.....

I hate it. I really do! But I want to love it...really! I remember when Syd started running cross country in 5th grade...she HATED it. Really hated it. Through the entire season. She really improved, though, and she is my inspiration. I can do it. I think. I hope. We'll see! Tonight we went to the track at school as soon as we got home. It was hot...really hot (88 degrees!), but I was determined to get at least a little bit of running in. Syd and one of her teammates, Shelby, took off to run the 2-1/2 mile 'town' course. I made sure I stretched out real good..don't wanna hurt this old body of mine! Then I alternated running and walking 1/4 mile laps. All together, I ran 3/4 of a mile and walked a mile. Not terrible for an old lady! ;o) Tomorrow is going to be a walking night. I'll probably walk to the "T" and back, which is just over 2 miles! So, anyway...I hate running...but I'm gonna learn to love it...just you wait and see!!!

3 comments:

dona said...

It's hard to get out and do anything in the heat like it was today...SO GOOD JOB! I will be glad when I can get out and just walk! :)

Mel Place said...

WTG GIRLFRIEND

Stephanie said...

Keep it up!!