Sunday, June 17, 2007

Has it really been two weeks???

Geesh! I knew we had been busy, but I didn't realize we had been THAT busy! Since the last time I posted, I've been to a scrapbook retreat with my PAWS friends,which was a WONDERFUL weekend. Syd has joined a reading club and a running club, and completed her CPR certification..and also had her first babysitting job! Roger has worked and golfed, took the girls to the zoo and shopping and out to eat several times the weekend of my retreat! Sammie keeps busy by making LOTS of messes, changing clothes about 6 times a day, drawing pictures and playing with her babies. She loved the zoo and is looking forward to spending the night with Grandma tomorrow night. We took Syd to camp today. She is in West Lafayette at a conservation camp where she will get her hunter's education card. She will get to shoot bows and guns, ride jet skis and air boats, climb a rock wall, go canoeing, do some 'primitive' camping and cooking and whatever else you can do at camp to have fun! There are 33 girls and 103 boys at this camp! :o[

And, in honor of Father's Day, my Sunday 7 will be 7 things I miss about my Dad (I can't believe he's been gone almost 15 years. So sad.)

1. Listening to him sing George Jones songs.
2. All the horribly ugly cars he ever bought and brought home so proudly!
3. His opinions on EVERYTHING! (I didn't always agree, but it was fun to see what he thought!)
4. The way he smelled...can you say Old Spice??
5. His beagles...he loved to train them.
6. His temper...wowzer!!!
7. His rules! Again, I didn't always agree..but his rules made me the person I am today!

4 comments:

Dawn said...

Aw, what a sweet Sunday 7!

Katie said...

what a sweet list about your dad! completely scrapable!

Katie said...

You've been tagged lady!

http://katajone.blogspot.com/2007/06/ive-been-tagged-and-now-im-tagging.html

dona said...

I like your Sunday 7, but this week especially. I bet you could have gone on with that list! Really nice.