Monday, January 19, 2009

So many things to tell you...

and no time to do it! But I will share a couple of quick things!!!

First...Sammie is Student of the Week this week for her class. She's pretty thrilled with that. Me, well, not so much! LOL Only because normally we would get this info on Friday (there's a form to fill out, and then she gets to take in pictures and stuff), but since Friday was {another} snow day (or freakin' cold day! LOL), she just brought the info home this afternoon....and has to take it back tomorrow! :o( Mind you, we had Syd's first basketball game of the season and didn't get home until 9pm...so I still need to dig everything out before morning! Grrrr! Put on a happy face, I know! LOL

Second, Syd had her first basketball game tonight. I'm tellin' ya...I don't know what got into that girl, but she was an absolute BEAST on the court! I have never seen her play so aggressive in 4 years of basketball!!! She only scored two points....and she fouled out of the game with a minute to go, but WOW...she rocked! She took a charge like nobody's business, too! {Brave if you ask me! LOL}. All of the girls were a nervous wreck since this was their first game..and because they all get nervous before EVERY game...hehehe...but they played quite well. Unfortunately, they lost, but it wasn't for lack of heart, that's for sure. I have a feeling they will be quite a team this year and probably end up with a pretty great record. I think the final score was 47 to 36..or something close to that. The opposing coach even complimented Syd (through Syd's coach) for doing such a great job and keeping their leading scorer below her usual 18 point average! I think Syd's coach was a little shocked to see her be so aggresive...and also a little thrilled with the possiblites for this year!

I have so much more to post about and even a few pictures to show, but I've also got a huge pile of work that is sitting right here waiting to be done...so for now....

Hugs&Smiles!
Kim

1 comment:

Jodie said...

Yea for both of the girls. Student of the week is fun. Hope you found all the photos and such. And great job Syd.