Thursday, January 8, 2009

Merry Christmas Eve!!!!


Well, for the first time in a LOT of years, I had to work on Christmas Eve. I wasn't too happy about that...just because. It really shouldn't have bothered me and after I really got in the spirit, it didn't bother me at all. After our long drive home the night before (see previous post!), we got ourselves to bed because we knew we needed to get up early. The girls and I were up and out the door by about 6:15am. The roads were still a little slushy and there was still some traffic, but at least we were able to drive near the speed limit! We got to my office about 7:15am and got everything ready for the big Santa breakfast! Sydney was excited to be Mrs. Claus again this year, and Sammie was thrilled to be "Santa's Little Helper"...complete with apron and chef's hat! Our original Santa bailed on us because the pants were a little short for him, but we got a quick fill in! Jim did a GREAT job! The picture above also includes my nephew, Jason! He came by to see how things were going to and grab some treat bags and candy. He claimed it was for his kids, but I'd like to know if they got candy or just coloring books and crayons! LOL



The morning went very well. It was never very crowded and rarely was there a line to see Santa...that was nice!



After we were all finished, we got changed and headed into downtown to get something to eat. We decided The Spaghetti Factory sounded good, but after walking a couple blocks in the rain we were greeted by a sign that said they were closed for the holidays. Dang! It didn't take long for us to decided to go on into Circle Center Mall and have lunch at PF Chang's. Mmmmmm! As we finished up lunch, Roger called and decided to drive down and meet us. It was fun to walk around the mall and just see everyone hustling to finish their shopping. After a while we decided it might be fun to go see a movie, but we weren't sure how late movies would be playing. I called The Rave in Metropolis and found out that, if we hurried, we could make the next showing of Four Christmases. (And last showings were at 8pm, if you can believe that!) We got there just in time and I was shocked to walk into an almost full theatre. Didn't these people have shopping to do???? For once, I was done ahead of time...even almost entirely wrapped. And I thought to myself...'wow, this is how it's supposed to be!' The movie was FANTASTIC and I HIGHLY recommend it. I think it's rated PG-13, and there are a couple of racy parts, but they were pretty much over before we thought to cover the girls' eyes and ears! LOL I laughed all the way through this movie. I can't wait until it comes out on DVD so I can watch it again!

After the movie ended, we walked around Metropolis for just a bit. Went in Aeropostale to see what the "$5 Riot" was all about. I wasn't really impressed! Then went into Claire's where Sammie quickly snagged on to a pair of knitted boot-type slippers! I picked up a few little stocking stuffers for $1 each, too!



Then, of course, we were hungry! I'm not really sure how in the world I was hungry as I'm 99% sure that I ate the whole large bucket of popcorn we bought at the theatre. Man, I love movie theatre popcorn..it's my most favorite part of the movie! LOL Anyway, we went to Applebee's at Syd and Sam's request and, luckily they were closed because Roger and I really wanted Chili's instead! It's nice to get our way once in a while! We just had some appetizers and then headed home. It was a nice, relaxing evening. Santa, as predicted, delivered new jammies to the girls. (I think I got pictures, but I'll have to find them and post later!). I dozed off on the couch around 9pm and napped until about 10:30pm when the girls decided to go to bed. I decided I better get up and get the house in order because I always remember Mom telling me that Santa doesn't come to a messy house! Luckily, by about 3:30am, everything was neat and tidy so I went to bed!



Without fail, the girls were up extra early. I think they came in our room around 5:15am. Once they are up, they're up. So Roger and I crawled out of bed and made our way to the couch to watch the festivities! It was a great day! I'll try and post more about it later! I hope you and yours had a very special Christmas!



Hugs&Smiles!
Kim

No comments: