Sunday, October 28, 2007

I've been TAGGED....great!

Well, in an ever-pressing effort to keep me posting to my blog, Katie has tagged me. I have to tell you where I was/what I was doing 10/20/30 years ago. I’m not even sure I remember, but I’ll try!

10 years ago…..Roger and I had been married for 10 years and we had been parents for almost 2 years. I was working at my same job. Our house was only about 3 years old at that time. We were still learning a lot about being parents and being “grown ups”! That’s really all I can remember!

20 years ago…I was still a “Renihan”…but only about 10 days away from becoming a “Shrum”. I worked at Park Fletcher as the receptionist. I lived at home with my parents and my youngest brother who were preparing to move to Alabama with my Dad’s job (Chrysler). I was pretty much a spoiled brat (some things never change!), and somehow my Mom just took care of everything with the wedding. I was way too young to understand how much work a wedding really was…I just knew what I wanted and that everything had to be perfect! Thank goodness I was Daddy’s little girl!

30 years ago…I was almost 10 years old. We had moved to the ‘country’ just a couple years before that and life was pretty good! I spent a lot of time playing in the ‘caves’, fishing and swimming in the lake and just running the neighborhood with my best friend Tammy. Danny and Jason (my brother and nephew) were just little guys and I spent a lot of time helping Mom with them so she and Aunt Lois and Aunt Mary Jane could play Yahtzee! Life was so simple back then!

4 comments:

Katie said...

Look at you! you blogged.

Unknown said...

Yea, you blogged! Wasn't that a fun one? :)

Pam said...

I think we should all celebrate that you took Katie's and Jeanne's challenge to post. Love knowing more about you.

Janelle said...

It's fun to read these ~ I'm glad you did this one! :)