Wednesday, August 26, 2009

A small tragedy....

Okay, so I got home from work tonight and was feeling pretty UP and productive. DH was at golf league tonight. The girls decided they were going golfing, too, so I took them to the golf course and dropped them off. Had to fax an order approval for some linens while I was there for some linens that weren't available through my usual company. I got home and decided to jump in the pool to do some exercise and also to sweep the pool. Stayed in there about 30 minutes and got that done. Got changed and put some meat in the fridge to marinade and made some rice and started a load of laundry. Then I decided I better mow the grass since it's supposed to rain tomorrow. Got the front yard done and saw a small snake on my driveway (probably as big around as a pencil and about 14 inches long). I hate snakes, but this one wasn't a big deal. My FIL stopped in to see what time Syd's golf meet is tomorrow and I told him to hold on...I had to kill a snake! I found the snow shovel and chopped it's head off!!! Sent him on his way (shaking his head! LOL) I was feeling pretty proud of myself at this point because I had actually accomplished quite a bit! LOL So, I continue my mowing. About 40 minutes later, I was done with the biggest part of the yard and Syd calls to tell me they are done and ready for me to pick them up so I run real quick to get them. Find out the DH has a buddy coming home from the golf course with him to swim and eat dinner. I told them no big deal, but I need to finish mowing before I cook, so I rush back home to mow. I had been mowing about 5 minutes when tragedy struck.........................I was listening to my iPod (iPhone) as I was mowing and had it in this arm-band thing. When I mow, I always put the arm-band thing on the arm rest of the mower. Well, apparently I hit a bump and it threw my phone off the arm rest and right under the mower and I watched it fly out from under the mower in A ZILLION PIECES!!!!!!!! I didn't even know what to do. I was in complete and total shock!!!!! I just turned the mower off and picked up the pieces and started walking up to the house. DH pulled in right about then with his buddy right behind him. He could tell by the look on my face that something was REALLY wrong and he looked down at my hands and said "what's that?" When I said "my phone", I thought he was going to die!!!! They both laughed at me until I was almost crying!!!

If you know me well, you know that this is reall not a small tragedy to me. This rates right up there with losing my right arm. Seriously. My phone is like an appendage. I have been totally stressing out since the minute it happened. I don't know how I'm going to function in the morning. The first thing I do every morning is check the weather on my phone. Shortly after that, (by 6am), I start receiving text messages and phone calls from work. I've got a couple of meetings in the morning, so I'm not even going to be able to get to AT&T until 10 or 11. Holy crap. I'm not sure I'll survive. I will try and get a picture of it tomorrow to show you what a nice job I did on it!

Hugs&Smiles!
Kim

3 comments:

Jodie said...

Oh tragedy in deed! Well, there's always the weather channel! Can't wait to see your pictures. I run over so much stuff with my mower. Once the headlight cover on the mower fell off and I obliterated it. Then I lost my cell phone in the yard (fell out of my pocket while mowing). Luckily I took the house phone out there, called it and found it in once piece, unharmed! whew!

Katie said...

hopefully they can recover anything you had in it.

Dawn said...

OMG, that would kill me...and I don't even use my phone for work!