Sunday, August 10, 2008

Happy Birthday, Sis!!!!

We had a little party at Mom's on Sunday for my sister, Debbie. She turned 49...although we only had 29 candles to put on her cake! :) Mom made fried chicken, mashed potatoes, corn, green beans and cake. I took a salad and pineapple casserole. This is the first time I ever remember having just the right amount of food. We ALWAYS have way, way, way too much. Everything was delicious and it was a gorgeous day, too!

The cakes - Mom made a carrot cake with cream cheese icing and a yellow cake with chocolate icing. Both were VERY good!


And, you've always gotta have that ever-flattering picture blowing out the candles! The girls got a giggle out of watching Debbie blow out the candles!

Debbie wanted a picture of her family, and I made it my job to make it happen! If you ask them, they'll all tell you I'm bossy and made them get up and come outside to have their picture taken! I even made Lacey get Thomas up from his nap, but c'mon, it's all she asked for, so how could anyone argue with that???

It was a great day and I'm so glad I got to spend my sister's birthday with her. We hardly ever get to see each other anymore and that really sucks. Life is too busy. She's a cool chick! Love ya, Sis!

Hugs&Smiles!
Kim

3 comments:

Jodie said...

What a fun day Kim. Glad you got that family picture. It was worth it!!

Anonymous said...

I love family times!
Glad you got them rounded up for a picture.

Marilyn
>^..^<

Judit said...

I love that family picture, tell everybody hi from your spanish family.